Monday, October 22, 2012

Owl Calendar


A while ago, I cam across this picture of this impossibly tiny owl and it got stuck in my head.  Stuck bad.  And I didn't really know what to do with this midget-raptor flying around up in the attic, but what can you do?  So I let him stick around for lack of better options.

Then one day, sitting on a beach in Washington, this little girl showed up, too.  Turns out she and the owl were friends and the owl could talk and he had been human once.  Go figure.

Now, because of some bad decisions on both their parts they're on a quest.  It'll probably span several smallish books and they're taking their time in telling me, so . . . Don't hold your breath.

But the reason that I am telling you about them at all is that I was given the opportunity to submit a piece for an owl themed calendar a couple of months ago and midget-owl and the girl nagged me until I did a little piece of them for the project.  So here they are - all hyped up and "bring it" and such.

Here's a link to the site: www.myowlbarn.com

You create your own (FREE) calendar with the art you want for each month.  It's kinda awesome.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Awesome Sara!! That is so cool you're in the owl calendar!

Jenny

Unknown said...

Haha, thanks! I still want to rework it a bit. I was rushed on time and there are a lot of things about it I want to fix. But it was really cool to be a part of it!