Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Some Honesty

As of writing this post I am discouraged.  Dragon Tamer is not going well, still.  Color comps are piling up and nothing's working, I feel remarkably unproductive.

After much procrastination I have finished 2 other projects, which is good.  You saw one of them on this post, the other is my sister's Save the Date.


I am distracted by everything lately.  And none of my distractions feel productive.  I feel rather worthless.

I am at war again - I'm not sure what I am at war with: myself?  The world?  God? I am also not sure what this fight is about.  But I feel anxiety welling up again, I'm entering a state of hyperawareness, analyzing everything, every word, look and action, trying to find some kind of meaning some sign of I don't know what.  I feel dissatisfied  but I don't know what about.  I've jumped and I don't know if I am in the middle of a free-fall or just waiting for my feet to hit the bridge.  Or am I supposed to fly?

Anyway, enough of that.  This was a nice note for my week.  If you don't already know, I am on Tumblr.  I am also on Instagram.

Whenever I get lost with a piece or when I start feeling "off" in my drawing abilities, I like to go back to basics.  So I drew a lot of hands and noses yesterday.  And ears.  Here's a few pictures:




This is for a super secret project I can't tell you about - just in case the person it's intended for visit this blog in the near future.

Anyway, I aim to drink ridiculously dangerous amounts of coffee and get out of this funk by next weeks post.  Sorry this one's a day late, but, that's life.

Have a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

TheGreatEscape said...

Hey, there are days like these, where inspiration seems to have gone on a vacation, but it will certainly come back! Also, love your drawings, especially the watercolor one with owls.