Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dragon Tamer . . . Again

Housewives didn't kill me last weekend.  But this past week has been really difficult for a number of reasons that I don't want to get into.  Still plugging away at DT.  I have piled masses of color on it in Photoshop and I think I've found something.  I hope.

Where Dragon Tamer is now.  

Where I was going originally.

This is a little too dark, I think.  
But I have a tendency to leave my pieces too light, so . . . 


There are still a lot of aspects that I am struggling with, but I am happy with the overall values and I think that pushing the dragon back a little as far as value goes is going to work.  Hopefully the final wont be the riot of color that you see here.  I'm still not as comfortable with Photoshop as I should be.  But I think I have enough here to make informed decisions about my palette.

As you can see, I am no where near where I wanted to be by the end of last week.


  1. Dragon Tamer: new color comps and start on the final again.
  2. Clean my room (this is an epic undertaking, I may not survive, so if you don't hear from me again, that's why).
  3. Sketches for the New Commission - send them off for approval by the end of the week.
  4. Help my mom set things up for the Garage Sale this weekend (Again, I might die . . . or get mauled by housewives.  Whichever comes first).
  5. Review and edit my summary of the steampunk Little Red Ridding Hood story and lay it out in the format I am going to print the booklets in.
  6. Outline my plans for teaching art classes from home.
  7. Continue to revise, edit and research painting for sister and FBIL.
  8. Not die cleaning my room or setting up the garage sale or participating in the garage sale.
  9. Wash my dog . . .
  10. Start assignment for LPG class.
  11. Email sample images to art directors.

No comments: