Sunday, November 30, 2008

Viola!

And here's the inside, again, I suppose, cause I showed you the other side . . . Anyway, I've put prints of the art on presentation matte boards and they're stacked neatly on top of one another.   The viewer can take them out and look at them and move them around and reorganize, etc.  Some people don't like that, but personally, I kind of like the hands-on-interactive kind of feeling it gives to the work.  You're not separated from it.  Have you ever been in a gallery and wanted to just take a painting off the wall so that you could sit down and hold it up to your face and really look at it?  I feel that way with books, too, sometimes.


Haha, wow, that made a lot of sense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, i know *exactly* what you mean. like right now, i very much want to be able to pick up and closely examine that top print that appears to be of a swan...