Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Steampunk Little Red - Part 7




I got sick this weekend - that's twice this year.  That's 1.5 times more than I usually get sick over the course of the year.  And it totally threw off my schedule.  I spent most of Saturday afternoon and Sunday in bed NOT sleeping because I couldn't breathe.  Gah!

I know I've said this before, but Little Red is almost done. Honestly it's the best thing I've produced to date as far as finished paintings go.  And as of writing this I have no idea of what to do for the next piece for Eric's class.  Though I am debating between just using the concepts for the girl in the woods or something Narnia related.  Or Robin Hood.  Or Chronicles of Prydain.  Or dragons.  Yeah . . .

I am also slowly, but surely, compiling my list of publishers/art directors to send out my first mailing to.  At Jen Betton's suggestion, I picked up a copy of Children's Writers and Illustrators Market as well as Artist and Graphic Designers Market.  I'm debating about getting an associates membership with the Graphic Artists Guild - does anyone out there have a membership?  Is it worth it?

No comments: